The White Palace of Marghazar was built in 1940 by the first king of Swat, Miangul Abdul Wadud (Badshah Sahib) in the small town of Marghazar situated at about 13 kilometers away from Saidu Sharif. The name was given to the palace as it was built of white marble. The palace now serves as a hotel and is a very famous tourist resort.
There are 24 active spacious decorated rooms and the Royal Suite (ex-King’s bedroom) where Queen Elizabeth once stayed for three days. There are two big conference halls where King Abdul Wadood used to hold cabinet meetings. There is King’s lobby to have a beautiful view of the garden lawn. On the right side, there is a king’s veranda to have a glimpse of a swirling stream of water. The onsite restaurant offers a wide selection of both traditional and non-traditional food.
#BeautifulPakistan #TourismInPakistan #NorthernAreasOfPakistan