Derawar Fort is located near Bahawalpur. It is a large square fortress. Derawar fort’s forty bastions are viewable for many miles in Cholistan Desert. The circumference of its walls is 4,921 feet and vertically 98 feet high. Initially the fort was built by Rajput, Rai Jajja Bhati of Jaisalmer. It was occupied by the royal family of Jaisalmer until captured and entirely rebuilt by the nawabs of Bahawalpur in 1733. In 1747, the fort slipped from the hands of the Abbasis owing to Bahawal Khan’s preoccupations at Shikarpur. Nawab Mubarak Khan took the iron grip back in 1804.